Friday 8 January 2010

It's Snow Joke For The Elderly - Update

Further to my last post I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been helping us to deal with the weather conditions, the many people who have voluntarily been helping others, but also those who work for the council who have put in hours beyond the call of duty.

I should also congratulate my ward colleague, Councillor Ted Baker, on all the work he has been doing to help our constituents and ensure that gritters are brought in for particularly dangerous areas that might not otherwise be recognised.

We are not sure if it was in response to my earlier call for volunteers but Ted is very pleased that, notwithstanding everything he has been doing for everyone else, one of his neighbours has called round on him as an 'older person' to ask if he would like any help with his shopping!

If you have urgent needs because of the bad weather with which the council may be able to help please call Customer First on Medway 333333 during business hours or Medway 304400 if it is an emergency out of hours.

Apologies to any constituents who have had difficulty contacting me on my usual home number of Medway 406536 which appears to be subject to a fault currently. BT say they will try to get my phone working properly again as soon as possible. In the meantime Ted, with whom I am in contact regularly, can be reached on Medway 847415 as usual.

I will be holding our surgery tomorrow as planned from 9.30am to 11.30am at St Margaret's church for anyone who would like to brave the elements and meet in person.

ADVERT

Nimbus Lighting, 144 High Street, Rochester, Kent ME1 1ER.
Great Lighting At Great Prices.
Tel: 01634 407724



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: